Saturday, March 19, 2011

the perfect baby shower gift...

when i was pregnant, i could not wait for the day when i could find out if it was a boy or a girl.  i don't mean in the delivery room, i mean, with the help of modern medicine.  


fortunately for me, my sister-in-law is an experienced sonographer.  she is also kind, generous, and has always made me feel like a part of the family.  love her.  i digress.  so we were able to find out a bit early with both kids (one boy, one girl), then "make sure" each time we were scanned.


brings me to my pet peeve #64:  people who don't want to find out!!  i just don't get it.  :)  


anyway, i was asked recently by a friend to make a baby gift for one such mother.  i found it rather difficult to choose fabric.  so here's my solution:


a reversible pennant bunting with a little matching flannel pillow for fun!


One side has a fun funky, mod boy print. 
the boy side

The girl side is a happy flower print.
the girl side

Sorry for the horrible lighting in the pillow pic.  I was working late to finish it and had to get it in the mail the next day so it'd get there in time. 

the matching pillow


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...