Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"suck it, trebek" onesie


At my sister-in-law's baby shower (for her little one who is almost 18 months old now), we got to create personalized bibs with fabric paint for the baby on the way.  

The baby's father is a funny guy with a penchant for hilarious show and movie quotes (a man after my own heart).  So, in good fashion, I painted a pacifier on my bib and the words, "Suck it, Trebek".
    

image: NBC SNL






Since then, I have wanted to recreate the sentiment of that bib, and tonight I finally got around to it.  This time, I used a white cotton onesie (from Target) and some coordinating fabric to make an appliqued version.  

What do you think?



My apologies for the dark photos.  I finished this late at night and was so excited to take a few pics of it.


Don't look too closely at my beginner applique skills.  I did the pacifier in 3 parts and layered them.  That I did in a zig zag stitch.  The letters are only one inch tall, so i did them in a straight stitch.  Honestly, I wasn't sure how it'd turn out, but after the fact, I think I kinda like the two different stitches together.











So there it is...my tribute to Saturday Night Live circa 1996!  



handmade projects
Today's Creative Blog
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...